Ink Jet Technology by
Lexmark is a registerd trademark of Lexmark International, Inc. registered in United States
- extremely low cost Industrial High Resolution ink jet printer
- delivered as a complete system
- prints bold, highly legible ASCII characters
- fully expandable
- EVOLUTION I-LX is an extremely low cost Industrial High Resolution ink jet printer designed around the Thermal Ink-Jet technology(TIJ)from LEXMARK.
- EVOLUTION I-LX delivers the lowest :
- initial cost of ownership, and
- TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) of any competitive ink jet printing system available. (Our EVOLUTION Dot Calculator can show you how low your TCO can be).
- A savings of approximately 20% can be realized with the Lexmark ink cartridge. This savings is the result of better ink efficiency in the cartridge and a lower cost of the cartridge itself *.
- EVOLUTION I-LX is delivered as a complete system and includes a hand held controller, printhead module with built in product sensor, mounting bracketry, and power supply.
- EVOLUTION I-LX prints bold, highly legible ASCII characters, graphics and barcodes can also be printed and stored in the controller in bitmap formats.
- EVOLUTION I-LX prints in a resolution of 300 or 600 dpi at production speeds up to 240 feet per minute (73 m/min).
- EVOLUTION I-LX is the ideal choice for those applications where only a lot number, product code or other non-variable text is required.
- EVOLUTION I-LX is a fully expandable system. The optional software packages may be ordered with the original system or field upgraded via a flash card. This transforms the basic printer from a very simple system to one that rivals much higher priced hi-res large character printers meant for secondary carton coding. It is also a viable alternative to small character continuous ink jet printers and laser coders..
- EVOLUTION I-LX includes two standard fonts. Optional style fonts are available in a variety of character sizes.
- EVOLUTION I-LX can print one line of 1/2″ (12.7mm) high characters or two lines of 7/32″(5.5mm) high characters.
- With EVOLUTION I-LX, the choice is yours. It can be either a very basic system, a fully featured printer or anywhere in between.
*Results may vary depending on messages being printed and environmental conditions in the plant.
- HANDHELD CONTROLLER for entering messages, system configuration, and displaying data from the printhead.Built into the controller are:
- One Serial RS485 port for communication with the printhead.
- Backlit WYSIWYG LCD display.
- Alpha/numeric tactile keypad.
- Memory for message’s storage.
- PRINTHEAD MODULE with built-in:
- Two Serial RS485 ports for communication with the controller and any other external device.
- Internal Product sensor.
- Flash card reader for: optional software, optional fonts and logos download.
- Dovetail slot/slide for add-on printheads.
- Standard Font:
- character style: Arial
- character heights: 1/2″ (12.7mm) and 7/32″(5.5mm).
- Programmable print resolution of 300 dpi or 600 dpi up to 240 feet per minute (73m/min).
- Print distance up to 3/8″(9.5 mm).
- Print and storage logos and barcodes in bitmap (*.bmp) file format.
- Prints Up to:
- A one line message of 24, 1/2″(12.7 mm) ASCII characters, or
- A two line message of 24, 7/32″(5.5 mm) ASCII characters per line.
- Ability to combine different character height in the same message (mixed raster)
- Standard software includes programmable line speed, print delay, inter-character spacing, print direction, message orientation, product detection and external encoding.
- Multiple language prompts:English, Spanish, German, French.
- Embedded EVP (Evolution Communication Protocol) for OEM and SYSTEMS INTEGRATION.
- MOUNTING BRACKETERY for side coding applications.
- POWER SUPPLY 110-240VAC(60 hz).
- NETWORKING of up to 32 individual printhead modules via an RS485 data link through either the controller or our Optional EV-NET software.
The optional software packages may be ordered with the original system or field upgraded via a flash card. This transforms the basic printer from a very simple system to one that rivals much higher priced hi-res large character printers meant for secondary carton coding. It is also a viable alternative to small character continuous ink jet printers and laser coders.
Your operating system can likely read pdf format files automatically, but may require software such as Adobe Reader for PC.
- Optional Software Package 1 (Part # EV1-SW1) includes:
- Message Storage: Store up to 50 messages in the hand held controller.
- Automatic Message Repeat: Allows the message to be continuously repeated at intervals of up to 20 inches.
- Password Protection: Gives a supervisor the ability to password protect the printer to prevent unauthorized tampering with the message or operating parameters.
- Optional Software Package 1.5 (Part # EV1-LX-SW1.5) includes:
- Extended Message Length: Expands the message length to one line of 48 characters of ½” (12.7mm) characters and up to 96 characters (48 per line) in the 7/32” (5.5mm) character height.
- Expanded Memory: Will store up to 100 messages and operating parameters in the controller.
- Optional Software Package 2 (Part # EV1-SW2) includes:
- Sequentially Numbering: Sequential number your products with up to 9 digits.
- Variable Date Formats: Date code your products in either a numerical (05/10/12), alphabetical (May 10, 2012) or Julian Date format. Delimiters of (: / .) are selectable.
- Variable Time Formats: Time coding in military style (15:30:29) can be entered into the message for precise production tracking. Delimiters of (: / .) are selectable.
- ADDED VALUE: Software features found in software packages 1 and 1.5 are included in this package.
- Optional Software Package 3 (Part # EV1-SW3) includes:
- Shift Coding: Breaks the production day into 6 or less individual shifts with either an alpha or numerical character.
- Date Offset: Allows for automatic rollover of expiration dates up to 999 days from the current date.
- Product Counter: Counts the number of printer products within a programmed time period.
- ADDED VALUE: Software features found in software packages 1, 1.5 and 2 are included in this package.
- The ADD-ON PRINTHEAD is used when additional lines of text or product information needs to be printed on the carton or product.
- It includes the printhead module, 7 inch communication cable and a power supply.
- The printhead module simply slides on the the existing printhead using the dovetail slide and slot on the sides of the printhead. A set screw locks the printhead modules into position.
- Up to four printheads modules can be mounted onto a single mounting bracket.
- The 7 inch communication cable is inserted into the appropriate port on the printhead to allow communication with the controller.
- The ADD-ON PRINTHEAD WITH BRACKET is used when product information needs to be printed on the opposite side of the carton.
- It can also be used on additional line production lines within the manufacturing facility.
- It includes: the printhead module, power supply and a mounting bracket assembly.
- A communication cable of the appropriate length must be ordered separately if connecting the additional printhead modules onto a network of EVOLUTION printers.
|Large Font||Small Font|
|Arial||[content_tooltip id=”646″ title=”Default 1/2 In. Std Font”]||n/a||[content_tooltip id=”724″ title=”3/8 In Arial”]||[content_tooltip id=”725″ title=”DEFAULT”]||n/a||[content_tooltip id=”726″ title=”xx”]||[content_tooltip id=”727″ title=”DEFAULT”]||[content_tooltip id=”728″ title=”3/32 In Arial”]|
|Outline||[content_tooltip id=”648″ title=”1/2 In Outline”]||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||[content_tooltip id=”730″ title=”1/8 In Outline”]||n/a|
|Tahoma||[content_tooltip id=”651″ title=”1/2 in Tahoma Bold”]||n/a||[content_tooltip id=”718″ title=”3/8 in Tahoma Bold”]||[content_tooltip id=”719″ title=”7/32 in Tahoma Bold”]||[content_tooltip id=”720″ title=”3/16 in Tahoma Bold”]||n/a||[content_tooltip id=”721″ title=”1/8 in Tahoma Bold”]||[content_tooltip id=”722″ title=”3/32 in Tahoma Bold”]|
|Swiss||[content_tooltip id=”653″ title=”1/2 in Swiss”]||[content_tooltip id=”703″ title=”7/16 in Swiss”]||n/a||[content_tooltip id=”710″ title=”7/32 in Swiss”]||n/a||[content_tooltip id=”712″ title=”5/32 in Swiss”]||[content_tooltip id=”714″ title=”1/8 in Swiss”]||[content_tooltip id=”716″ title=”3/32 in Swiss”]|
- alternate font purchased separately
- n/a (not/available) font can be built to special order
- optional fonts are loaded into the printer via an EVOLUTION flash card using the built-in flash card reader
- sizes displayed onscreen are approximations